The Event Travel Management team are busy planning a range of exciting and inspirational events at home and abroad for 2017.
Here’s our top tips for creating exceptional events.
- Define your goals and stick to them – What do you want to achieve from your event? Ensure that every element of the experience leads to achieving your goals for the best value.
- Book early – Hotels and venues have a steady stream of events taking place so be sure to book early to give your attendees the best experience possible.
- Set the tone from the outset – Depending on your audience, invitations can be sent electronically or via mail. Remember this first communication will set the tone of expectations for your event.
- Work smarter, not harder – Online registrations keep track of all guest information and will assist in communicating to participants throughout the entire process.
- Attention to detail – The smallest details can have a huge impact, so don’t overlook them! Have you checked school holidays, big sporting events and how these may impact attendance to your event?
- Have a back-up plan – If you are holding an outdoor event, have a ‘wet weather backup’ in the event of rain, even if the chance is very small.
- Communication – Remember to keep your attendees informed at all times. An event website can be updated regularly and provides a great focus point for attendees to refer back to.
- Budget – Keep your budget updated at all times to ensure that you are meeting your budget expectations.
- Be tech savvy – Technology helps businesses stay at the forefront of their industry, so make the most of it during your events too. From event feedback via apps, communicating changes to attendees pre- and during events, to interactive sessions, there are a huge array of tech solutions which will add value and enhance the attendee experience at your events.
- Follow up – A survey is a great way to communicate with your attendees post-event, to gather feedback on venue, speakers, entertainment and content and to determine whether you achieved your event goals.
Need assistance with an event in 2017? Contact Event Travel Management for an obligation free customised solution today! Call 0207 4299 696 or send an enquiry below.